August 24, 2006

DC Take 3

Our third day in DC was another day filled with class. It was a bit more tedious today than yesterday, what with people being comfortable enough to start with the, "In my situation..." crap. But, that's certification courses for you. We left at lunch time and went out on our own to the Hard Times Cafe. It's a cool little chain that specializes in chili. We had the Texas chili on fritos. Fantastic. Tonight for dinner we went to a place called A Dublin Chipper. Today was its official opening. It has enough room for 20 people to eat at one time, and specializes in fish and chips. I had the large cod (6 ozs) accompanied with the tartar sauce, while my friend had the ray accompanied with the Katie O'Shea sauce (mayo, ketchup and chili). We shared a large bag of chips with the hot chili sauce. There were six sauces to choose from - the aforementioned tartar, Katie O'Shea, hot chili, and then a curry, and 2 more I can't remember. There were fried Mars bars, but we were so stuffed from our eating frenzy over the past few days (did I mention the made-to-order omelets I've been eating each morning in the hotel for breakfast?), that we actually said no to the Mars bars. After the dinner, we walked down to the Chesapeake Bay and looked at all the touristy crap in Old Town Alexandria. I'm going to be really glad to be home with Beerman and C-man tomorrow. I haven't posted many pictures lately, so I thought I'd look for one. The funniest thing about this picture is that I've actually been here! It's in nowhere Southern Missouri, near Farmington. I'm going to find my picture of me next to this sign and post it next week when I'm home again:

No comments: