August 22, 2006

Washington DC

I flew into Washington DC today. We did a bit of walking. Our first visit was to the Smithsonian Photography Museum. Very cool place. The current exhibits include William H. Johnson: and William Wegman: There was also a great exhibit on portraits of the presidents. I think my favorite was one of Nixon done by Norman Rockwell! We went past the White House. You know, the people's house that no people can go into. We saw the Washington Monument. What a drag this administration is. The 24/7 peaceful protest is still going strong, however. It has been since 1981. Then we saw the brand new WWII memorial. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was really quite impressive. They did an excellent job on it, and the fact that it is in line with the Capitol, Washington Monument, and Lincoln Memorial makes it even more outstanding. Tomorrow I'm in "class" all day, but hopefully we can take the train in afterward and see some more stuff at night. I love this place!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Jealous! What a great city. I recommend the highly underrated Nat'l Building Museum.