August 3, 2006

Hot Enough For You?

Yesterday I decided to walk to the Milwaukee Public Market for some lunch. On my way there, I see a 40-ish construction worker approaching me. Construction worker: (head-snap nod, half-smile/sneer on his face) "Hot enough for ya?" Me: No, I'm married. Now, what in the hell was I supposed to say when I'm passing this guy who I don't know going opposite directions? "No, I really enjoy the heat and humidity. Despite growing up in rural northern Wisconsin, I hate the snow and cold more than anything." What ever happened to "Hello beautiful"? Anyhow, I spent my lunch hour on a picnic table in the hot sun thinking of a few things I could have responded: "No, I prefer them younger" "No, I'm just not into bald guys" "No, I'm waiting for global warming to really heat things up." "No, I prefer when my skin melts off" In other news, the Wisconsin State Fair begins today. I can say with an honest heart that I've never attended a better festival/fair anywhere in the world. If you can get there, be sure to go!

No comments: