August 7, 2006

State Fair Hangover

Beerman, C-man and I went to State Fair yesterday with our $4 tickets. (It pays to buy them in April) Man, I sure do love that place. It was great watching C-man see all the animals, realizing that they aren't just Little People figurines. Now when he says a cow goes "Moo!" he knows they really do! I caught a cold from our little household germ machine, so I wasn't into the food as much as usual. However, I'll review the little I did have. (By the way, this year boasts 40 items on a stick!) Pork Sandwich: While they still have that tasty bbq sauce, the bun got all cheap-o this year. Corn Dog: Oh, my, greasy goodness. I wait 12 months for this tastiness. Monkey Tail: It's like an ice-cream sundae without the ice cream, but just as good. I prefer mine rolled in nuts. Pizza: C-man had to have his pizza, and I tasted a bit. If you're going to go to the fair, stick to the fair food. The new thing this year was the horticultural center. There is a whole area of gardens from around the world. For a more serene Fair experience, I highly recommend it.

No comments: