March 3, 2009

Cookies + Kids = I'm a sucker

I really, really love cookies. There is little in this world in terms of food I would choose over a good cookie. Add a little kid with beady, pleading eyes into the mix, and you've got a Girl Scout Cookie drive recipe for disaster sitting on my desk.I got 5 boxes of cookies delivered to my desk today. Cookies I don't even remember ordering. But apparently did in a moment of weakness. I don't even like the Girl Scouts. I dropped out of Brownies after a year because even at the tender age of 6, I knew that macrame, decoupage, and stupid songs about smiles in my pocket just weren't my thing. I mean really, I worked for the Boy Scouts for years. But the worst part of it all? I gave up chocolate for Lent. (Yes, I am doing other stuff, too, but chocolate is hard for me, and it makes me remember that it's Lent) So here I sit with boxes of tempting little tasty treats on my desk, and can't do anything about them. Guess I should go find them a nice little home other than in front of me, staring at me with their beady little, chocolate-laden, calorie-filled eyes.

3 comments:

Barb said...

You dropped out of Brownies??? Hahaa. I wasn't a good Girl Scout either, come to think of it.

I see the problem with the cookies. You didn't buy any peanut butter ones!

Anonymous said...

I gave up soda (and all its varieties!) for Lent! And it's definitely hard. My sister is forgoing sweets of all kinds, including chocolate.

Girl Scout cookies are ridiculously tempting -- my coworker just polished off a box of Samoas. By himself! In one sitting! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are a sucker for punishment! What I want to know is why haven't I seen any Girl Scouts selling cookies around me! I adore cookies too. In fact I have a sleeve of chocolate-covered oatmeal ones hidden between my back and the couch right now. Confiscated from the 2 year old. When she left the room, I scarfed down 3. I have no shame!