March 29, 2009

Ow!

Boot camp part 1 is over. My first three weeks are done. Now I have to show up at 4:00 this afternoon and get re-weighed, measured, body fat-ed and photographed. I know it's only been 3 weeks, but I'm going to be really depressed if I don't show some improvement. (Co-workers have commented, so I'm hoping they're being truthful, and not just trying to be nice). Then again, Beerman claims my strategy is all wrong. He has been giving me tips all morning on how to retain water. His theory is to look like I'm really struggling, and then chew a bunch of Copenhagen right before the last weigh-in to dehydrate myself completely and end up looking like a huge superstar. While sound in logic, I don't think I can go through with it. I'm really thankful for the 2 weeks "off" because my abdomen is killing me. I have an appointment Monday morning to check this out, because I can't even sneeze without yelping. This had better not be a hernia or I'm going to be really depressed. ******************** C-man just sat down next to me and said, "Can we talk, Mom?" Supressing a giggle, "Sure, C-man. What do you want to talk about?" Very seriously now with his new Bernie Brewer doll in hand, "How the Brewers are so much better than the stinky Cubs." "Absolutely, C-man. Absolutely." I love 4.

No comments: