January 21, 2010

13 trivial Thursday things

  1. I count by 4s in my head when I'm stressed out. I've been doing a lot of counting lately.
  2. My books and magazines have to be pristine. I do not dog ear them or roll them or do anything to defile them. Ever. (Which is ironic, because nothing else in my life is pristine.)
  3. I find the older I get, the less I like vegetables. Except green beans and artichokes. Those are fab. The rest I just sort of choke down because I know I should. (ETA - I also like beets a lot. I forgot about those.)
  4. I'm embarrassed I used to like that philandering bastard, John Edwards.
  5. I have a deep desire to scream until I'm hoarse when I hear people talk disparagingly about those who have no or only children.
  6. If I could move tomorrow to go work and live in another country, I'd be gone before you could even say goodbye.
  7. I'd really like to write a book, but can't come up with a good enough plot to spend the time doing it.
  8. It'd be really fun to be in a local theater company production. Except they're always looking for people who can sing.
  9. I can't sing. At all. You're going to have to trust me on this one.
  10. My socks rarely match one another. They're always close, but rarely a match.
  11. I hate that I drive a minivan. I mean I REALLY hate driving a minivan.
  12. I think the majority of people are only mediocre at their jobs.
  13. I'm never calmer than with a camera in my hand.

7 comments:

Indigo said...

2. Feel free to dog-ear my books. Zoe finds it VERY annoying, but I do it all the time. However, if it's not *my* book then I always use a bookmark.
3. I only like a few veggies: peas, green beans, corn, romaine lettuce, potatoes. In my world potatoes are VERY good for you. Especially in the form of french fries.
5. OMG don't get me started on the "when are you having another baby?" and "you can't just have one!" statements. If I had another $10K to teach my husband's swimmers to swim don't you think I'd do it?
7. I had an idea and then made it up as I went along. Surprisingly, it worked.
9. Ditto.
10. My niece's socks don't match and they aren't even close. Drives me crazy.

Anonymous said...

2. I don't like anything that is "damaged" in anyway! It drives my family nuts. If I pick up a book or box of mac & cheese and it's dented or in some other way messed up, it goes back on the shelf and I look for one that is "perfect". Same with EVERYTHING!!
I don't know what's wrong with me:(

3. I love me some veggies...except beets!! Gag!!!!

6. I'd move to Mexico.

13. I love my camera, I don't leave home without one....or two!

{{Mingle}}

wineandroasts said...

#2 is why I can't borrow books from the library. (defile-age and book cooties)

melly~ said...

Surfed over from That's My Answer.
Great blog! We have much in common, you and I. Let me know when you're leaving to go abroad. I'll meet you there. Anywhere.

Sunny said...

Found your post very amusing.
I am with you on most things.

But:
I could not count by 4s if my life depended on it. Doing that would totally stress me out!

Books don't have to be pristine but they do have to be MINE. That is why I can't check out library books (like CityGirl). I have this theory about Library Cooties.

I love most veggies (including beets) but I cannot eat salads in the winter.

I have NO children and I do not like children. I don't think other people's children are cute or adorable. And people get very upset with me when I am honest about that. Children are like little aliens to me. I don't understand them and I cannot communicate with them.

I would be reluctant to move to another country but I could move to Florida in a heartbeat!

I have good plots but I've been so discouraged so many times, I've given up trying to write.

My socks MUST match.

We had a minivan. Hubby liked it. I was sorry I ever mentioned looking at one. I should know by now he buys the first car he looks at. I LOVE my Jeep and I LOVE my convertible though.

I was WORSE than mediocre at my job. I sucked. I never should have been doing what I was doing. That's why I quit and never had a "real" career.

CrazyFriend drags her camera EVERYWHERE and it drives me nuts. I get very impatient and I find it annoying. Obviously, I am NOT a fan of photography. Please don't try and take my picture.

GREAT POST!

Have a good weekend!

sunny from TMA

Rogers5 said...

I have to have matching socks. I can not dog ear my book and I love the sound the a new book makes when you open it. I would just love to visit another country and even when my damn mini van (which I have always despised) breaks I'm still stuck with it. I think people with any children are blessed.

52 Faces said...

Thanks for answering my question on the chain meme!

You should definitely participate in NaNoWriMo if you haven't already. In the words of the founder's book title: "No Plot, No Problem!" You might be one of those people who work out the plot as you go. My current novel took 10 years to gestate (I had to grow up and write a bunch of other novels for NaNo as practice before I could come back to this one and really write it diligently.)