January 14, 2010

Sometimes it consumes me

Trapped miners in Pennsylvania, a tsunami in Indonesia, the Hurricane Katrina devastation in New Orleans, and now, of course, Haiti... I see the images and hear the reports, and it haunts my nightmares. And I'm not talking metaphorically here, people. I really do get a little more involved than some might consider healthy.
In the spirit of that, here are 3 really reliable donation options for you. It's as easy as a click. If nothing else, do it just to spite Pat Robertson.
Where I put my money: Partners in Health
The old standby: Red Cross
Clean water needs: Charity Water

6 comments:

Bev Sykes said...

Thanks for the links. It's heartening to see how many people and organizations are rushing to help.

Bev Sykes said...

(oh yeah... *mingle*, of course!)

jon said...

Mingle*****
Hopefully there will be a quick response in Haiti. It was a pretty tough place to live before this happen.

jon said...

mingle....I like your new profile picture. You look very happy.

Melissa said...

Great links! Love the spiting part!

Thanks for stopping by! ::mingle::

Dymphna said...

Thank you for the links! It's so important to donate and help out in anyway we can. *That* being said...how nice of Pat Robertson to look at things like that. And how nice of God to just *whoosh* give Haiti a "do-over" like that. Wow. (That's all sarcasm, by-the-way. I'm totally with you on this.)

I hope you have some good dreams and not all nightmares in the coming weekend. =)

~January mingle~