January 13, 2010

Oh, the resolutions

This time of year is always a bit of a struggle for me. The lack of sunlight. The holidays are over, and it's such a long stretch of work with no day off until Easter. (My work doesn't even give MLK Jr Day off. WHAT?!?) The sicknesses that seems to spring up, in spite of my best efforts to keep us pumped full of vitamins and wash our hands a lot. And did I mention the complete lack of sun? Combined, it always feels a bit like a death march to Easter. Or at least to the days when you can wake up and it's not completely black outside.
And of course, besides a month-long vacation on my favorite beach in the world, the two things that really help me with the funk are a good diet and exercise. Coincidentally, they are also the top 2 things I DON'T want to do this time of year.
So while I'm not one of those who is resolving to lose weight for the new year, I'm resolving to exercise and eat better to try to get me out of this funk. 5:30 a.m. spinning, here I come. Ugh.

1 comment:

wineandroasts said...

I'm in a funk, too. Let's go to Italy.

Just a thought....

PS - THANK YOU for Sleep Talkin' Man. Holy Crow, that's funny!