January 5, 2010

Hope

"The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for" Allan Chalmers
Once upon a time, a good friend told me that you always need something to look forward to in order to keep you heading toward what you really want. It's advice I've taken to heart, as it's gotten me through good times and bad. And years later I find myself still asking that same question - What am I looking forward to? This year? This month? This week? This today? Right now?
What are you looking forward to?

1 comment:

Indigo said...

This year: Just being a better person, and possibly running the Vegas Rock N Roll 1/2 marathon with my brother.
This month: Paying off car #2, aka Tuesday, aka my husband's stupid car that is really a big giant lemon with the word Mazda on it. (I should have let him buy the Lexus and he will not let me forget it. Ever.)
This week: Wine club on Friday, and homemade pizza at work on Thursday (SO NOT on my detox diet, but I'm going to have a slice or two).
Today: Yoga at 6:30 p.m.
Now: HP to arrive with a motherboard for our server so that I can stop watching Battlestar Galactica on my iPhone and get back to work. Oh wait, maybe not.