January 23, 2010

Learning new things

After a good time creating things,
We spent our morning at Growing Power, learning about the place and getting oriented to become full-fledged volunteers. We saw worms, and how their sifted goodness makes for great compost.And huge tanks raising tilapia and perch while filtering the water for the plants. And then we checked out the animals - turkeys, chickens and goats. So now we're ready to fulfill some regular volunteering gigs on Sundays, fulfilling my interest in volunteering this year. And C-man gets credit for his kindness and justice project for school. Perfect.
************** In knitting project progress, I'm 18" done with the front of my sweater. You know, that sweater front of entrelac that I've never attempted before and has been taking me forever? Yeah, that one. Only 3.5" to go. Then it's the other sleeve and finishing it. Sigh... This might be done in May.

No comments: