January 15, 2010

Random Stuff

  • I've got a cold. My throat hurts. And I can barely keep my eyes open. Guess where I got that?
  • My popovers were featured on last Friday's One Word Project (January 8th). Life got hectic, and I forgot to shamelessly self-promote. It really surprised me, since the other entries are all so professional, and I entered to learn a bit more about photography. But I'll take it.
  • I'm getting my hair cut today. I can't wait. I love getting my hair cut, and it's overdue by about 2 weeks, so it'll be really good.
  • On this date in 1967, the Packers won the very first Superbowl. I am willing to bet my parents still argue about whether or not it was actually called the Superbowl.
  • Nobody argues about where the money went that they gave to my sister for safekeeping when they made that bet.
  • If you're on Twitter, and half-obsessed with Haiti, there are some great tweets coming from @firesideint.
  • I ate a big breakfast. It's part of my quest to go back to eating more protein and working out more.
  • I'm reading The Help. After I got over the style in which it's written, I'm really enjoying it. Which is great, because I've been in a bit of a book dry spell. But I have 4 sitting on my nightstand waiting for me after this one.
  • In our quest to make 2010 our year of winning contests, Beerman submitted a recipe to the local paper for the Bacon Bakeoff Contest. We got a call the other day saying his recipe was going to be one that they tried. Which is funny when you realize he has previously mocked bacon desserts, doesn't make desserts himself (that's my job), and thought it up in about 20 minutes.
  • When I got to work, I discovered someone brought in kringle. I would have passed it up since I'm not hungry, except it was from O&H Bakery. Seriously, the best.kringle.ever. Passing that bakery on my way to work each day was the best part about living in Racine.
  • Only 76 more days until a long weekend at work.

2 comments:

Kwizgiver said...

Thanks for the heads up about @firesideint.

I hope you enjoy the Help. I thought it was one of the best books I read last year.

::mingle:: (naturally, late)

Mary said...

Any chance that haircut is with Don? You could get yourself some Bone Straight!