January 19, 2010

Apparently it's Christmas again

Beerman's been gone again. (Thank God he's on his way home, because Harry's been plastered against the door with worry - the hairball doesn't do that when I'm gone!) So things are a little extra busy. Which is why we never heard the UPS guy come last night. (I've disabled the door bell because the neighbor kid kept laying on it every time he came over, causing Harry to howl and me to swear, and well, let's just say it's better this way.) So imagine my surprise when I opened the door to go wait for the bus with C-man this morning to find 2 boxes wiating for us on the front step.
The first was a box of presents from Beerman's grandma we never see, because well, every family's got its story, now doesn't it... So that box remains unopened until he gets home. His family, he can have the joy of unwrapping them. Plus, I just didn't have the time, because the bus was quite literally, rumbling down the road.
Also, because I was too busy opening the other box. The one just for me. The one with a really beautiful pair of marcasite earrings from C-man and Beerman that was supposed to be delivered December 19th. You know, for Christmas. Apparently Amazon doesn't know the difference between December and January. Bastards. Anyhow, I have the earrings. And they're really great. C-man has excellent taste. Plus, he was so excited I got them and was wearing them today, he was absolutely beaming. It was very cute. (I tried to take a photo of them in, but I kept getting closeups of my pores that are in need of a facial, and figured this was the better alternative.)
Well, at least that's what I thought he was so happy about. I found out the real reason just before the bus stopped. He turned to me and said, "I can have the boxes for my projects tonight, right, Mom?" "Yes, buddy, you can have the boxes." "Cool. Because one is going to be a boat. But not to take in the tub, because it's cardboard. Bye Mom!" And with that, he was gone.
Anyhow, apparently it's Christmas again. So Merry Christmas. And a Happy January 19th!

2 comments:

wineandroasts said...

Byoo-ti-ful earrings for you, g'ma gifts for Beerman and boxes for C-man. All is well with the world!

Indigo said...

They are gorgeous!!