January 28, 2010

Thirteen more random Thursday Things

  1. One of my photos was selected to be Photo of the Day and is being shown on the Morning Blend, a local morning TV show, today.
  2. 2 years ago I won the same contest from the same show with a picture of C-man catching a snowflake on his tongue.
  3. That picture now hangs in front of a giant hole in the livingroom drywall that is leftover from trying to find the studs for the roofing project, that I'm told can't really be fixed without taking down all the window trim.
  4. Last night Beerman informed me that it'd be good if I won again, because then we'd be able to cover up the hole entirely. You'd think we were destitute the way we live sometimes.
  5. The word of the day from wordsmith is heliotropy. It means worshipping the sun.
  6. I'd consider converting to heliotropism if I ever saw the sun.
  7. Instead, I'll keep taking my 2000 IUs of D3 and biting everyone's heads off from this seasonal depression I have.
  8. At a silly icebreaker at work this week, we had to mention something unique about us. For lack of something better to share in a work setting, I said I speak Portuguese. I've had 2 people approach me since who are also fluent speakers. Who knew?
  9. I have my newly won TV in the bedroom, hooked up to a computer so I can watch all the View Instantly options from Netflix, and I am in love with it.
  10. I've been watching a lot of teeny bopper movies that Beerman would NEVER watch with me, but I secretly love.
  11. Our couch that we ordered in early December is finally in.
  12. It can't get delivered until Tuesday. Do they really have those many freaking deliveries?
  13. I really like ravioli and I'm craving it desperately.

2 comments:

jon said...

mingle*****
Greetings from South Carolina

State of the Union?...!!!...??

"YOU LIE!!!!!"

I couldn't help myself.

sorry!!!

Kwizgiver said...

::mingle::

Congrats on being featured on the morning program--that's fun!

How interesting there are Portugese speakers coming out of the wood work.