February 25, 2011

Day off

C-man had the day off school. He has a day a month like this. I don't totally understand why, but I'm sure it's some records thing for the teachers. Anyhow, it was my month to be home with him.

Since I was going to be home, I scheduled the new dishwasher to be installed today, and was going to post a photo to show the new beauty. But alas, it was installed, and doesn't quite work right. (I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to rumble and squeak while running - that's why we got a new one in the first place!) Which really sucks. The good news is I called the installation guy and told him it made a rumbling noise, and he called back and said they ordered me a brand new one to be reinstalled on the 3rd. So at least I give GE an A+ on that piece - they didn't make the repair guy come out and see what was up. (American TV and Appliance could take a couple of notes!) Then again, maybe this has happened before, which could be troublesome. But that's a long story to tell you I still have a crap dishwasher.
To celebrate, C-man and I decided to take to the sledding hill. We had loads of fun until 2 little girls showed up and one kept dropping her sled down the hill. C-man was sweet and went to get it 4 times. On the 5th time, after she dropped our sled that I'd given her to be able to go retrieve her own sled too, I told him he didn't need to go again. Because I'm pretty sure at that point the little "sweetheart" was doing it on purpose because she thought it was funny.
Not letting any of it ruin our mood, we went down again and again and again. The sun is shining, it's 35 degrees, and the hill was fast. And somehow, I managed to not break my butt. It doesn't get much better than that.

No comments: