February 10, 2011

It's dang cold

I feel like I've crawled back from the other side of the River Styx. Yesterday, I was running a 101. I barely moved from the couch, shivering under 3 blankets, woken up only by one phone call (Beerman making sure I was alive) and the dog walker (who must think I'm the laziest thing ever, having the dog walker come to walk my dog when I'm home). And even then, my only movement from the couch was to insert Wall Street into the DVD player. Thankfully, the fever broke later in the afternoon. But I feel totally drained today. Thankfully, I have non-stop meetings today, which means I have to think very little, and just manage a nod now and then to make it look like I'm "leveraging my skills" and "partnering with others".

And, of course it's "freaking cold" as my 5 year old put it. (Yeah, we put a stop to THAT saying pretty quickly, but only after I managed to suppress a snicker.) Warmer days are coming, I just know it. And if not, the polar bears can vacation here, because there is no ice melting!

1 comment:

Snowcatcher said...

I hope you're feeling better now! And I hope it warms up soon... for both of us!