February 13, 2011

Half-Full

I believe whether we are natural optimists or pessimists is mostly a result of our personality. But I firmly believe whether we see the world as half-full or half-empty is ultimately our own choice. It's something I've thought a lot about lately, in particular as I see people deal with the events of their lives. I'm not a half-full girl by nature. But as I watch those who move, sometimes trudge even, toward the only possible direction, which is forward, I am truly inspired. There are so many things around us that are so unimportant. That's why I think at the end of the day it's mostly about recognizing the few that really are and focusing on them.

1 comment:

jon said...

The half glass analogy has always eluded me. Since both are the same in my mind.
Or maybe I am just very obtuse.