February 24, 2011

Thursday thirteen things I think you should be doing

  1. Learning how to use your camera out of auto mode. I don't care if you only have a point and shoot and aren't a professional photographer. Having it in auto and using a flash when you're in a giant room is not okay. Plus, you get crap photos.
  2. Answering some daily questions over at That's My Answer during your morning coffee. It's a sweet group of people, the questions are eclectic and fun, and what else are you doing over your coffee in the morning?
  3. Buying yourself some fresh flowers to put on your end table. Trust me, it definitely makes the gloomy day a lot brighter.
  4. Planning one of your vacations for the year. We just got word that our trip to Chile is much more of a possibility to actually happen in September. Hot damn!
  5. Learning or brushing up on another language. There are all kinds of audio versions in the library, so you don't even have to spend any money on it. I'm going to be brushing up on my Spanish again. (See #4)
  6. Purging your closet of stuff you haven't worn all winter. Spring's coming, after all, so who wants to pack away stuff you don't wear anyhow? I just got rid of 50 items out of my closet and feel way better.
  7. Singing at the top of your lungs in your car. C-man and I do it on the way home from school every day, and it's a ton of fun.
  8. Donating to a local food pantry or shelter. (I suggest this one if you're in Milwaukee.) This winter in Milwaukee, there have been 34 nights of emergency shelters. (That means it's been less than 10 degrees, so those who aren't typically overnight shelters get to become them for the night). As a result, they're desperately low on food.
  9. Checking out Salt. (No, not her.) It's a Christian, faith-based site, but don't let that put you off if that's not totally your thing. It's really much more about spirituality through art and music.and they write beautiful posts about daily life stuff.
  10. Sledding down a hill, screaming your foolish head off the whole way. While it doesn't necessarily do the body good, it sure helps the soul.
  11. Exercising until you sweat. I don't like working out. Although I do really like yoga. (I'm still working on finding a place close to home with classes I like that aren't at 10 a.m. on a weekday.) But let's face it, how many times do we have to be told that our bodies need to move more before we believe it?
  12. Watching Modern Family. I really think it is the funniest show out there right now.
  13. Playing Words With Friends. I can't help it, I'm an addict and could use some more friends to play with me.

3 comments:

Bev Sykes said...

1. trying
2. check
3. have to clean off the junk first
4. check
5. Hmmm...did that for the France trip.
6. in the middle of doing that
7. too intimidated
8. check
9. I'll check it out.10.
10. since I live in a town that is completely flat and it never snows this is unlikely.
11. Yeah..yeah..yeah. I know.
12. definitely!
13. I may check you out. I have not yet played it, but I've been tempted.

Kwizgiver said...

Many great ideas! I will have to make a post of what I do accomplish.

::mingle::

Indigo said...

Well I REALLY agree with number #2! I have no idea how to take photos without using the auto and make them turn out good. I'd even settle for decent. Or how about in focus? :)