February 28, 2011

Quiet moments

This weekend, I went for a walk in my favorite local park. I went for quite a few walks, actually, just to get out of the house away from the sickies. (Beerman's home today, miserably huddled under blankets, a clear reminder why I'm glad I don't have tonsils anymore! But C-man was good enough to get on the bus with his Superbowl football to show off for "S" day.) And while Harry was flying around the park, literally diving under the snow drifts to come out on the other side looking like a small Yeti, I was really, really happy in the incredible quiet.




The snow was dropping in great big giant snowflakes. Nobody had been in the park since it'd started snowing, and the animals had obviously hunkered down until it let up. The insulated quiet around me was so calm and peaceful, and the enormous flakes falling on my face were fantastic.

I'm more than ready for it to be spring. To see the trees bud out and the tulips spring from the ground. I'm ready to see and feel the sun on my face. But until then, it's good to know there's still joy to be had in the winter, too.

2 comments:

Mary Z said...

Your photos are gorgeous; your descriptions are poetry. But I'll enjoy it vicariously, thank you very much.

Hope your guy is better soon. Mine is still in pretty rocky condition.

jon said...

One bad case of cabin fever.
Take two walks with Harry and call me in the morning if this condition does not improve.
Dr. J. Hemlock