February 8, 2011

Looking ahead

It's February. The month that sees fashion move to fourth on the list behind warmth, comfort and warmth. It's the time when I go through lotion by the gallon. It's the month when it snows 2 inches and everyone looks out at their driveways and says, "It's only 2 inches. It'll eventually melt." It's the month when I have to make my annual pilgrimage to the hell that is Orlando. (The whole dang city gives me the willies - the creepy animated characters walking around, overpriced everything, the angry driving, and throngs of tourists. At least there should be sun, though.) The month of writing out 2 Valentines a day until we get our whole class done.

But February also means that winter is turning the corner and nearing an end. (It HAS to be, right?) It means we're closer to Spring than we are to Fall. It means the days are getting longer and spirits are getting a little higher.

And this year, it's meant a fun Superbowl win. (C-man is so excited to now have his very own Superbowl football and hat that he'll grow into when he's about 14). And it's the middle of my path back to a healthier lifestyle and mindset.

So this year, I'm not hating February like I usually do. Instead, I'm looking ahead. Because it's only up from here.

1 comment:

SarahinSC said...

Keep on lookin' ahead! Totally love your header!