February 3, 2011

Random things about my week so far

  • It snowed Tuesday-Wednesday. A significant amount. Being north of Milwaukee and within spitting distance of the lake, we avoided quite a bit of it, but still got about 18" total.
  • Schools were closed yesterday, but not today. Which brings me back to my time in Kansas City a bit ago when 5" closed the city down for 3 days. I still contend they are total sissies.
  • It's Grandparents' Day today at C-man's school. His Nana had planned to come, but with the unpredictability of the weather and if school would even be on, it didn't justify us asking her to chance a 10 hour drive. Bummer. Maybe next year.
  • The Village took away our recycling center earlier this year because some jerk (not from our village) dropped off hazardous materials (they caught him from the surveillance cameras) in the recycling center, and now forces us to fit everything into a single can. If we have more recycling, we can pay for an additional can and then find somewhere to store the giant beast of a receptacle. Meanwhile, we get constant emails and newsletters telling us to recycle more, and how it saves the Village money.
  • We recycle every-other-Wednesday in our village. Because of the snow, the Village needed the trucks for plowing, moved recycling to today. Which was killing Beerman, because he had to wait an extra day to do put it out. Sometimes, his passive-aggressiveness is funny:
  • C-man is going to wear out his Aaron Rodgers jersey at the rate he's wearing it. If it's not on his body, it's in the wash.
  •  I had my very last infusion today. I am pretty happy to be kicking those to the curb. I feel like complete garbage afterward. And paying $5000 a pop to feel like crap isn't really something I want to continue doing. At least I got 2 hours of knitting in.
  • I also spent my time there watching Hi Fidelity. I bagged on John Cusack the other day on Facebook, and it seemed like there was a stampede of my friends to defend the greatness of his movies and acting ability. So I thought I'd give it another honest shot. Now don't get me wrong, I love a bit of sap probably even better than the next guy. But seriously people, the movies are not fantastic.
  •  With Beerman "working" this weekend in Dallas, C-man is going to have to go to the health club daycare Saturday morning. I wonder if he'll scream and cry that he doesn't want Mommy to exercise. (Mom, that one's for you)
  • I'm on Week 2 of workout. And after running for 30 minutes last night on a 12 incline (ugh), we did ab work. And everyone was grunting and groaning, except me. I'm pretty proud of that. Don't get me wrong - I'm totally out of shape. But the abs are starting to engage again.
  • I downloaded the Words with Friends app. It's essentially online Scrabble. Totally bad decision. I've hidden the iPod. I love Scrabble, and no one will ever play with me. So the idea of 24 hour a day Scrabble options with multiple players? I simply am not responsible enough to handle it.
  • I've also become kind of enamored with the show Spartacus. Not the old school movie, but the brand new TV show one. It's disgustingly gruesome, but I like it anyway. I can't help it.
  • The sun is shining today. That feels good.

2 comments:

Indigo said...

I *love* what Beerman did to the recycle bin, that's hilarious! We *finally* got our picked up, I had one full month worth in that bin because I spaced out and didn't put out the bin during the last pick-up.

Anonymous said...

That's a bummer on the recycling - and doesn't surprise me they tell you what and how to do things then make it impossible to accomplish. lol Sounds about right actually. Have a good weekend! Go PACKERS!