March 8, 2011

Fat Tuesday

I informed C-man that he's dessert-free for Lent. He did not feel like my answer of "fruit" was an appropriate one when he asked what sweet stuff he was supposed to eat. You'd think I was torturing the child.

I'm also torturing him, because we arrived home and one of his presents I'd gotten for his birthday was at the door, and I wouldn't let him open it. He actually wouldn't speak to me for an hour, he was so mad.

I debated whether or not to eat one of the paczkis in the office today. After all, I worked out really super hard last night. To the point that I think I've finally revved my metabolism up, because I was dreaming of eating a giant steak. So after much consideration, I ate the paczki. After all, it's Fat Tuesday. And I did work out last night.

5 comments:

Mary Z said...

Well, I had to google paczkis to find out what it was. But then I was SO sorry - because I really wanted one.

Indigo said...

You are sooooooooooo mean! No desserts?? Let me know how well it works out. I'll take a banana please. :)

jon said...

You informed Cman that he has to give up something he loves so much because you need a constant reminder of your own faith and belief?

If I were a six year old boy, I would not look fondly on Lent, religion, and mothers.

He should be the one who decides what he should sacrifice.....maybe.

When I was growing up I had to do all these things. I was an altar boy. I did Novenas, Stations of the cross, high masses, every day was a religious day.

I can barely stand to walk into a church now. I still have faith but I guess I am getting revenge on the world for being told I had to do these things.

You may look at things totally different but I thought I would thow another point of view out there.

jon said...

I guess I have been damaged.

http://mylifephilosphy.blogspot.com/2009/02/my-life-in-quasi-fanatical-paramilitary.html

Kwizgiver said...

Fruit as dessert, an interesting concept.

:-)

::mingle::