March 24, 2011

Thursday thirteen things I need to stop doing

  1. Getting injected with this new medicine. It now gets injected into my stomach once a week for 15 excruciating seconds. I feel like total crap after. And THEN I made the mistake of reading how they make it (from Chinese hamster ovary cells). Do I need another reason to quit?
  2. Throwing my bra on the floor at night before I flop into bed. Some weeks, my bedroom could be some sort of bizarre bra art exhibit, the way they're artfully strewn everywhere. Because, of course, I'm too busy to pick them up in the morning. And then at night, another just gets added to the pile.
  3. Watching Parenthood. I had such high hopes for it, but at the end of the day on a Tuesday, I don't need all that real-life awfulness to bring me down. Plus, the story line is going nowhere fast.
  4. Planning on getting my nails done. Somehow, it always falls to the bottom of the list, and I end up with sketchy looking toes. I think it'd be better if I just sucked it up and realized that nails are a 6 times a year gig, tops.
  5. Playing Words with Friends before bed. I wake up in the night thinking of new great words I can play.
  6. Going to the book store to browse. I never just browse. And I now have about 10 books waiting to be read on my nightstand.
  7. Trying to decide on the perfect color for my living room and just paint the damn thing. When the neighbor kid comes over and quizzically asks, "What is going on?", it's time.
  8. Expecting Harry to not sleep on the couch. Or the bed. Instead, I need to remember it's his house we're living in.
  9. Eating wheat. I did it for a month back in January, and felt amazing. Well, for me, at least. And I don't know if it's the cause, but my hair stylist freaked out at how much my hair had grown that month. I can totally tell the difference when I'm eating it. I think I just need to stop. But that's pretty hard. So maybe I just need to cut way back.
  10. Hating the treadmill so much. Unfortunately, it's a bit of a necessary evil when the weather's bad, and thinking about it as grueling makes nothing better.
  11. Being so short tempered. I've been feeling pretty crummy lately for a variety of reasons, but I've been taking it out where I shouldn't.
  12. Getting travel magazines. They're rarely where I want to go. Or at least can afford to go. Although, the photography in them is usually amazing.
  13. Drinking so much coffee. My consumption has gone through the roof, and it's not helping anything. Time to cut back. (Sob)

2 comments:

Kwizgiver said...

Oooh, I'm going to borrow this idea! I could make numerous lists of things I need to stop doing.

::mingle::

Bev Sykes said...

#3. I started watching Parenthood, but it was too many shows to keep up with. However, I just had the same reaction to "Brothers and Sisters" for the same reason and have actually quit it cold turkey.