March 1, 2011

Another week

On the way home from work yesterday, I listened to Bob Uecker call the Brewers win over the Giants 10-9. I also listened to the Giants fans shout, "You suck!" to their own players, which made me giggle, too. Idiots. But hearing those promising sounds of spring made life that much sweeter, making walking in the door to a husband who continues to ail from strep throat and a son who came home from school with a 102 fever and an apparent raging ear infection, that much easier. (How does a child with a bloody red ear drum on Monday be the same kid who was doing underwater flips in the pool for an hour without complaint on Sunday?) The two of them are so sad looking, and I feel so helpless.

But it appears Beerman is on the mend, although thankfully still at home today. C-man is on antibiotics now too, although I always doubt the effectiveness of antibiotics for ear infections. And so far, I'm still among the living, which is positive. Since I don't have an immune system, I'm crediting my twice daily use of the neti pot and the 4 times a week sweat out in the gym for helping with that. (If I come down with something, clearly, the gym wasn't helping and maybe I should consider quitting.)

I'm slowly getting my act together for C-man's birthday party. We invited 23 kids, (his class plus a few other friends) thinking a few would bail. How wrong I was! So far, we've gotten 16 responses, and all are coming. Maybe I need to hire someone to help us! It's a comic superhero theme at the local bowling alley. I really wanted to get the kids capes to wear, but they're way expensive for 23 kids. And then we watched the Incredibles again the other day, and was reminded that we really should have no capes! So the good news about Borders closing its store is that I could get comic books for 40% off. That, a mask, and some candy will be the goody bag stuffers. (As an aside, I'm taking 23 kids bowling, feeding them, shoving their gullets full of cake, AND I have to give them stuff to leave with too? Who started this stupid tradition?) A March birthday is such a pain.

In other randomness, you may remember on the way-back machine that I spoke to the people at myheritage about my family tree. They decided to feature me on their blog, and it's up today.

1 comment:

Indigo said...

You're such a good mom to put so much effort into a birthday party, as well as invite THAT MANY kids! Holy smokes! I top out at 5 or 6, and then my nerves are still frazzled. I can't wait to read the blog on myheritage! And I hope everyone starts to feel better (and that you don't get sick so you can FINALLY come to wine club).