March 20, 2011

Sort of super

When the moon is 135 miles closer than it was the last time it was in perigee (January), what else can you do, but drag your family to the park to walk them down half icy, super steep steps that were probably built 50 years ago to Lake Michigan after dark? At least I'd remembered a flashlight.
We were at a baseball party, so missed the moonrise. And it was pretty cloudy, so I kept getting hazy pictures. But it finally broke through the clouds for a bit.
We ran into some friends who were there for the same reason as us, so did the walk with them, too. And then we ran into some tattooed guys who had a really fantastic bonfire and called them our friends too. I was thankful, because it kept the kids happy so I could take a few more photos.
Between the fire, the treacherous walk, the baseball party we'd just come from, being outside all day in the springlike air, and it being a half-hour past his bedtime, C-man fell asleep in the half mile from the park to our house.
I'm so glad winter is over.

1 comment:

Bev Sykes said...

Gorgeous photos. It was pouring rain with thunder and lightning here, so I decided not to see if there was a moon out!