March 10, 2011

Swimsuit season?

The snow has been beautiful. But honestly? I'm kind of over it. Last night we went into the local Lands End store to get some new gloves for C-man because his have become beyond embarrassingly sad. I had been hoping I wouldn't need to get him another pair, because, well, it's March. But I couldn't not do it anymore, they are just that sad. Despite the fresh snowstorm and Lands End being a Wisconsin-based company, all there was for us to buy were swimsuits and goggles. In March.

Now I understand the theories of retail - push the next season to get people buying more over a longer period of time. But it's March. In Wisconsin. If there wasn't snow everywhere, our skin is still so pasty white from it not seeing the sun for the past 4 months, we glow brighter than the snow that's on the ground. So a new swimsuit is not what I want to be putting on my body, thankyouverymuch. Just let me have the darned gloves! (Thankfully, Lands End provides free shipping, and a bright red pair to C-man's liking should arrive at our house tomorrow.)

1 comment:

jon said...

Yikes!!!!!....I see a snowball maker. I didn't know there was such a thing. I googled it...yup...There it is.
If he wants to build a snow fort, a cardboard box works perfectly.

We made some huge snow forts. We recycled cardboard. We used it to slide down hills called, "suicide Hill."