April 15, 2008

The Tax Man Cometh...

...And the money wentith. Ugh. I hate April 15th.

***********************

Since it's such a surly day, I thought I would list my most-hated words (in no particular order because I hate them so much):

  • Verbiage: mostly I hate this, well, because it's not a word
  • Basically: way overused, and if it's really that basic, then why are you saying it?
  • Virtually: it's acceptable if talking about a virtual world, otherwise, forget it, you sound like a pompous ass
  • Literally: As in, I literally can't stand this word. As if it would be figuratively?
  • Planful, Impactful, or any other made up -ful word
  • Utilize: What's wrong with use?
  • Incorrect use of "myself": It's "ME" in the predicate, people, "I" in the subject. So, give that to Tom, Dick or ME! Myself is reflexive, so I gave that to myself.

***********************

Okay, enjoy your crappy day.

1 comment:

Goldenrod said...

I laughed and laughed at your latest post. Yesterday, and the couple of days before that, I felt much of the anger that you wrote about.

Actually, I probably use the word actually too much ... and that's an actual fact. (Wasn't on your list. Just thought I'd add my two cents worth.