October 22, 2009

Finding beauty somewhere

It's cold and rainy and there's a low front that will.not.go.away. So I'm showing you what's good about Fall so I can remember too! All year long we put up with these damn weeds we can't seem to kill. But then in the fall, they turn into perfect orange lanterns. So this year I decided to make my peace with them and bring them inside for table decor.
Fire engine red leaves And then, of course, there's my kid (did you think I could get by without showing him?)... happy as can be, in his froggie rain coat on the way to wait for the bus this morning.

5 comments:

Bev Sykes said...

I absolutely LOVE your evil cow graphic. Fall hasn't hit with the same intensity here (but then it never does). Loved the lantern weeds too.

** mingle **

Kwizgiver said...

Love the Chinese Lanterns, they are brilliant! Maybe if I had a froggie raincoat I would like the rain a bit more.

*mingle*

jon said...

mingle*****
I think that cow has "mad cow disease" or at least "miffed cow" disease.

kathi said...

Love the Halloween vampire cow header! Great fall pics; could have used a froggy raincoat like C-man's for dog walks today.

:: mingle mingle ::

Sunny said...

The spooky cow is great.
Cracked me up the first time I saw it.
But I think I noticed one like it in my neighbor's field......
Now I'm really scared.