October 15, 2009

Simple Things Inspire a Pay it Forward

Some days are harder than others. And on those days, it's important to take the time to remember to be thankful for the simple things that make your life worthwhile. Like...
  • consoling C-man this morning because he only had the blue uniform shirts clean, and he doesn't like to wear those because everyone calls him "handsome" all day long.
  • having the phone ring for Beerman to wish us a good morning from Denver.
  • finding brown socks that actually matched when I got dressed for work.
  • laughing with the lady who makes my fabulous latte about her granddaughter.
  • the thanks I got from a co-worker when I gave her freshly knitted hats for her upcoming babies.

A while back, I was the recipient of a pay-it-forward from Country Girl/City Girl. And while I've worked really hard to pay it forward in my non-blogging life, I feel like I need to spread the wealth in blogland too. So leave a comment with what simple thing you're really thankful for today, and I'll pick 1 lucky comment-leaver at random as the grand prize winner. Now go on and be happy!

8 comments:

Kwizgiver said...

Matching socks is always a bonus! This is a great post and reminder.

**mingle**

hppelot said...

My family comes first with all those beautiful, special grandkids.

Indigo said...

I am thankful that my cat and dogs have accepted the kittens into the family so easily. I was a little worried that the cat wouldn't be so gracious so quickly.

I'm mingling! Happy Thursday!

Rogers5 said...

For the love I recieve in so many ways everyday that sometimes I take it for granted

Bev Sykes said...

I just had lunch. I'm very grateful for fresh ripened peaches!

*mingle*

kathi said...

I'm thankful for the love of my dogs and cats... they can always make me smile.

:: mingle mingle ::

Jacquie said...

Mingle
I am thankful for having the day off so that i could catch up on my homework and spend time with my family

Jen E said...

I'm thankful for another good day for my little guy! Great post, kinda like my Rays of Sunshine. :) Happy to Mingle with you today!