October 1, 2009

Someone in Itlay is using my drivers license...

I lost my drivers license. I'm not sure where, or it wouldn't be lost. (I only mention this, because when I've said my drivers license is lost, I've had several people ask me where I lost it). My best guess is somewhere between Florence and Munich. So I looked online to see what I had to do to get a new one. Go to the DMV with $14 cash in your hand, fill out a form, wait for your number (of which there is no logical order, best I can tell), present one of the acceptable forms of ID (marriage license is on the list, passport is not, although she did accept it when I presented it), get directed to a new line to wait. And wait. And wait. Then when your name is called, go to get your picture taken. I'm not sure why, since they have my old picture in the system, but I knew enough to keep my damn mouth shut. It took 4 tries before I had my eyes open. And on the fourth time, the woman looked at the picture, shook her head, and said, "Oh my..." What the hell does that mean? But after 4 bright flashes, I was blind, so I didn't have the wherewithall to ask. And then I got my picture back and realized what it meant... ... my eyes were half open. The lady thought that it was acceptable! And I have 5 more years wiht this license. Sigh... The good news is that since I no longer get carded, the only people who are going to see it are cops who are pulling me over anyway. Crap.

No comments: