October 23, 2009

This body + skinny jeans = ugh

So skinny jeans are in. And from what I'm being told by reliable sources (fashion designers), they're here to stay for quite a while. As in, years. Damn. Damn. Damnit. So I have a couple of pairs of the right boots, but now need the jeans to stuff in them. Which is what sucks. Because I have the HARDEST time finding jeans. That's because I have a waist AND a butt. And no, I'm not wearing a pair of Lees they keep advertising. Because, while I don't want a gap, I also don't want them to ride so high they'll choke me. But other than those, boy have I've tried. Cheap jeans. Expensive jeans. Midpriced jeans. I've gone online to get recommendations for curvy girls and hippy girls and gap-free desiring girls and ordered pairs specifically for my shape only to end up with a gaping coin slot to show for it. I've tried jeans like most women try lipsticks. And still, nothing. So now, according to Oprah, I'm supposed to get the CJ by Cookie Johnson jeans. And the worst part? I'm going to go try them on over lunch. Sigh... Thank God grunge is coming back too. I used to love the "every day is flannel day" approach.

2 comments:

Jen E said...

OMG, I HATE jean shopping!! Good luck. Mingling--fashionably late.

Indigo said...

I've got the same problem with jeans, and skinny jeans just do not fit me at all. I can't get them past my thighs.

I have quite a collection of jeans though, Red Engine is pretty nice, and Lucky's are good too. My favorites are my Tommy Hilfiger's though because they feel so great on -- the next best thing to yoga pants that I could find -- and they accomodate my hips and my quads.

On Saturday I spent the afternoon at Macy's trying on jeans. I bought a pair of Joe's Jeans, which I had never heard of until I had them on, but you should give them a try, they looked great and felt so comfy! AND they have a line for curvy girls. Mine are being tailored so I have to wait until Nov. 1 to get them. :-(