October 5, 2009

Anybody want a magazine subscription?

Dear School, Seriously, can you just give me one giant bill. Sort of like our tuition bill, but instead name it, "All the other crap we need you to give money for under the guise of 'fundraiser'." Because if you want the money, just say so. I'll give it. Then 100% will go back to the school instead of the extraordinary 40% that all the brochures tout. Instead, you trap me with these subscriptions to magazines I will never read beyond the headlines because I barely have time to brush my teeth let alone read magazines, and shamelessly rope my 4 year old child into the madness by telling him about all the fabulous prizes he could win. Seriously, a zipper pull? A boomerang? Are you freaking kidding me? Sincerely, Jennifer

2 comments:

Indigo said...

I don't understand how 4 yr olds and even 5 yr olds can be expected to participate in fundraising. My daughter had quite a few when she was that young, and after a awhile I just gave up.

Jen E said...

I've been having so much fun "mingling" around the neighborhood today! You have a great place here!

I just had to add I whole heartedly agree! I would much rather just straight up give the school the money rather than try to find enough silly brochure items to buy so that my kids won't be the only ones who don't get to go to the "big show"! I think next year, I'll just write a check and skip the "fundraisers"!