October 4, 2009

Yesterday's Mail

I went to the mailbox yesterday and opened up this... Hi There Neighbors, We've watched your re-building and added-ons and marveled at the end results. Your house is so cute and the color is great! So much work, and it surely shows. You really had a great crew, and the end result does you proud. Whoever picked out the color has a great eye! As they say in Minnesota, your house is "Oh so" FOR CUTE. Enjoy! (your neighbors) While the intention was sweet, and it's good to see someone recognizes my eye for color, seriously? These people live 3 houses away and never speak to us... But, I'm going to ignore that, and just laugh at the fact that our suspicions were true - the neighborhood is watching us.

1 comment:

Indigo said...

I can think of only twice when I've received a letter from my neighbors: the first time was when an angry note was left on my husband's 1981 VW, it needed a new muffler and he left for work at 2am. The second time was at the house we are in now and the letter actually was MAILED to us, anonymously, and they were NOT happy about the plans for our wooden fence.

I'm just wondering what they expect your response to be. A wave and a smile from the mailbox? Or a thank you letter in the mail?