January 27, 2011

Lessons learned

The nightly homework assignments have begun. And what started as being fun, because he's now a "big kid" who is doing homework has quickly lost its luster and turned into, well, not so fun.  At one point the other night I actually caught myself thinking, "Why can't he just do this at school?"

But after I put myself in check about it - after all, his reading and writing is improving every day, and he is learning good study habits - I found myself marveling at how focused he can be. He gets so intent on it, that I think a bomb could go off and he wouldn't notice. And then he finishes, and in 30 seconds, it looks as if a Lego bomb actually did.

Being a kindergartner is cool.

3 comments:

jon said...

I thought first grade was so cool I that I did it twice.
Well....that is not exactly it.
The first school I went to did not have kindergarten, so I started in first grade AT 4 years old. Things did not go well, I got off the bus one day and climbed the big hill behind the school and stayed there all day. A few weeks later I was taken out of that school. I started Kindergarden at a new school the next year.
I flunked out of school in Ist grade. No other way to look at it. I am one of the few people in history that went backwards.
"Let no child be left behind."
What about me?

Anonymous said...

So cool when they begin to read & write. Love the POV of this shot!

Kwizgiver said...

I wish more parents were supportive of homework when their children are in high school.

::mingle::