January 20, 2011

On the road again

Greetings from Kansas. Or Missouri. Or wherever the heck I am.  It might as well be Alabama for the way they are totally unable to drive in the snow.  Last night it took me THREE hours to get to my hotel from the airport, a mere 40 miles away. The most frustrating part? I could see pavement on the road, and grass in the median. And it wasn't even slippery! I know it's all about perspective and what you're used to, but holy balls, that was ANNOYING!  For comparison's sake, we had almost 6 inches earlier this week, and schools weren't even delayed.  Sigh...

So now I'm here in Kansas City, or thereabouts, to teach people stuff the next 2 days. Besides work stuff, I'm really hoping to make it to the Harry S .Truman Library in Independence. It's only open until 5, but with any luck, I can make it a quick class day, and make it before it closes. Not that I'm in love with all things Harry S. Truman (although I did see a museum dedicated to him in Key West once), I just like being able to say I've been to weird stuff like that. Plus, I actually usually do enjoy it.

So wherever you are, enjoy your Thursday. And if you don't know how to drive in the snow, stay home, because that'll help me enjoy mine.

1 comment:

Indigo said...

I hope it's at least a bit warmer where you are, we've got 12 degrees here. Brrrr.