January 24, 2011

Monday's awesome things

So a few weeks ago I caught on to a blog called 1000 Awesome Things. It's all about celebrating those little things that are awesome in your life.  So here are 10 I've recently encountered of my own:
  1. Walking in the door after being away 3 days to a couple of smiling faces and drooling one pressed up against the glass waiting for me to get inside.
  2. Getting a post-church pre-game email from Grandma about her nerves before the Packers-Bears game. (FYI Steelers - Grandma's praying for the Packers. And in my experience, the woman has some pull. Just so you can consider yourself warned.)
  3. The Packers beating the Bears to go to the Superbowl.
  4. C-man having a specific friend over because the friend has been coveting Beerman's fruit leather concoctions (made from his new dehydrator) that C-man takes to school for snack. (Oh, to be 6 again!)
  5. Talking about my family tree with someone else who wants to hear about it.
  6. Watching three 6-year old boys beating the crap out of each other in the snow and enjoying every second of it.
  7. Looking over at my kid during a mother-son breakfast out and realizing he's the cutest kid in the land.
  8. Watching my dog "whoop-whoop-whoop" with puppy dreams while lying upside down on the couch.
  9. Watching a movie I've seen loads of times before, but still like anyway.
  10. Eating Beerman's potato-leek soup.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice list! And woo hoo SO SO excited about the Packers!