January 30, 2011

Resolutions update

For one of my New Years resolutions, I decided to work on eliminating the pain in my life. Part of that was to go wheat and dairy-free to see what effect if any it would have on me. I've reintroduced dairy this week. I don't seem to have huge problems with it, and I was getting serious leg cramps without it. I'm going to keep the wheat out as long as possible though, because I'm pretty convinced that is a real problem for me.

Another piece of that is to work out more, which I've been doing. Today, I even swam laps while C-man was in his swimming lessons.

I said I wanted to declutter things and in the process update some bits of our house. A few closets are clean, and I'm now debating on whether to paint the living room Aleutian or Distance.

I said it was my hope to focus on my family as much as possible. And between the martial arts, baseball, swimming, and school functions, I've made it a priority.

And I said I wanted to focus on the moment more. I think I have been. I've taken the time to play Legos, watch movies (I do love me some 007), knit a sweater just for me (I'm on the 2nd front panel - only the sleeves and a neck band to go), and journal; all things that have been pretty helpful in achieving that.

Over all, the first month of resolutions has been working out pretty well. At this rate, they might even become a habit.

1 comment:

Maine Moonlight said...

Good luck with the gluten elimination. Toby's lived without it for 5 years and we're just starting to give him a little over the last couple of months--very slowly--to see what we can see. Seems to help a lot of people and even though I'm not intolerant, I always feel better when I'm off of it.