January 29, 2011

Officially United Statesean

The forms were filled out, the doofus at Walgreens finally figured out how to print out the pictures (it took 3 days), the birth certificate was obtained, both parents were together at the same time with their right hands raised swearing this was their child (not at all awkward) before 1 p.m. at an official Passport Center on a Saturday, and $80 was paid to the Department of State.  Now, in 6-8 weeks, C-man will have his very own shiny blue, authentic United Statesean passport. And the birth certificate should come back to us in approximately 12 weeks. At that point, I wasn't even surprised enough by the discrepancy to ask why.
**************
Week 1 of my 12-week fitness thing is done, and I'm walking without even wincing again.  We meet 3 times a week as a group, once a week with a trainer alone, and in a Thursday night conference call on our feelings. I think that I'll become busy on future Thursday nights. The fact that I'm there to relieve pain and not lose weight (although they should naturally -hopefully- go hand in hand), puts me in a bit of a different mindset.
**************
In case you didn't know, Packers jerseys the week before the Superbowl are not cheap, but are a necessary purchase. Beerman is sporting Matthews, C-man a Rodgers throwback, and I just got a t-shirt. (That way I could justify the Greinke t-shirt, too).  Go Pack Go!

No comments: