January 5, 2011

Randomness

  • It's day 3 of my wheatless, dairyless life.  So far, so good. 11 more to go.
  • It's also day 3 of being back to work.  Whew. I can barely keep my eyes open.  Which is why I continue to NOT be coffeeless, too.
  • I located the elusive stench of our master bedroom/bathroom.  It's coming from UNDER the tub.  What once was a mouse crawled into our subfloor and died.  So gross.  So now we wait a couple of weeks to see if the stench goes away. Still gross, but way less expensive and time consuming than ripping the whole thing out when Uncle Rusty comes back in a few weeks for more work on the house.
  • I'm glad Rusty is coming back to help us work on the house.  But I'm already tensing up over the dirt and debris that's going to happen.
  • C-man has been frantically putting together all his Christmas Lego sets.  He's amazingly good at it.
  • He's so good at it, he loses time.  Sort of like last night when I forgot to feed him dinner until he said he was hungry at 8 p.m.
  • I can't believe I'm saying it, but I hate not having any snow.  It's cold and crappy, but there's no sledding, no good photos, no nothing.  Yuk.
  • When I work from home, Harry only lets me type for about a half hour.  Then he comes and bumps my hands off the keys until I pet him.  Spoiled puppy.
  • Usually January is slow and blah.  This month, somehow, C-man has it crammed full of stuff - baseball camps, martial arts classes, school stuff, and I've got a few trips to hither and yon.  So much for a slow ease into 2011.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ok, now I have to wonder how our paths have never crossed! We both live in Wisconsin and we both geocache! :) Happy winter! :)