January 23, 2011

Stuff

I chatted with a woman from MyHeritage.com via Skype today. They're intrigued by the 2000+ people I have in my family tree, and want to blog about me and contact various news agencies to get my story out. She said they were excited about me being related to Maid Marian, which is admittedly, pretty darned cool. It will probably come to nothing, but was interesting that someone else thought it was interesting too.  She also mentioned they might provide some help on those areas I'm stuck - so here's hoping they can help me make some breakthroughs on my Dad's line!

I discovered that MyHeritage is based in Tel Aviv, Israel. I really, really wanted to ask the woman if she'd ever met Gabriel Allon, but didn't know if my humor would translate via videochat.

C-man has off school tomorrow, so I have off work to be with him. He's got an eye appointment in the morning.  When your not even 6 year old asks to go to the eye doctor for new glasses so he can see better, I'm pretty sure it's time.  It just breaks my heart that his eyes suck so bad.

I've been working pretty steadily on knitting my kimono sweater, and am working on the front panels now. The yarn I'm using has acrylic in it, which I usually don't love, but the knitting store owner assured me it wasn't going to look cheap.  So far, I think she's right. And I'm loving the cream color I chose, which is nice. I hate spending a ton of time knitting something and ending up feeling so-so on the color.

Tomorrow starts the beginning of my 12-week fitness thing at the health club. I can't believe I'm doing this again. It can't possibly be as intense as the 16-week bootcamp thing I did before, though. I just refuse to believe it. And it's in the evening instead of at the butt crack of dawn. But I decided that if we're going to take a trip this year, I can't be fat and in pain. And since the arthritis medication isn't doing a darned thing, that means I need to get ruthless about how I push my body again. Sigh... Even though I need to do it, I'm still dreading it. Well, that, and that they're taking the pre "fat girl" photo.

No comments: