January 11, 2011

Good stuff

Goodness is the only investment that never fails. -Henry David Thoreau


As a part of my New Years "purging of the yuk from my life", I'm trying to replace the yuk with lots of good things and habits.  And that's come about in a lot of different ways: Eating more vegetables, even when I feel like I'm going to choke on that piece of broccoli I really don't like or want to eat.  Scraping the snow and ice off the random cars next to me at work so the owners won't have to. Refusing the tasty donuts someone brought in to work because I know they are horrible for me. Putting down the iPod and not recharging it, because I'd gotten too addicted to Angry Birds.  Picking up my knitting, because it's simple, and easy, and actually results in something good.  While not perfect, I've made a real effort to complain less.

And the amazing thing?  I've got more energy.  I feel happier.  Maybe it's the better diet.  Maybe it's the letting go of bad stuff.  Maybe it's fresher air after I cleaned out that disgusting closet the other day.  But maybe it's a culmination of all those things.  Whatever it is, I'm going to do my best to keep going with it.

3 comments:

Mary Z said...

You go, Girl!!

Kim @ This Belle Rocks said...

Those are amazing resolutions, and I am glad you are already feeling better for them!

Anonymous said...

Glad things are looking up! Sounds like good plans. Have to laugh at Angry Birds...we had "issues" here with that game! Hard to put down!