March 26, 2012

Moving on

Partypalooza is over. And that means the kid's birthday festivities are officially done. And I'm totally exhausted. Although I think the exhaustion part is more from wicked allergy season kicking in than little boys. (Achooo!) Beerman was feeding them all waffles when I left for work this morning, and said they all left with smiles on their faces. Even the grumpy kid who hated everything asked to stay longer. And that's saying something!

Now that the birthday fun is over, it's time to think about summer camp registration. He's going back to the same one as last year, but we still need to fill 4 weeks. (Can someone explain why the summer camps don't go the whole time kids are out of school?) I think we'll fill those with our own vacations and the Jewish kid's camp. It's crazy to me that it all has to be figured out now.

It's also time to kick this fish tank into action. We have the Albanian tile guy coming later today to tile the floor so we can put the thing in place. Beerman has the floor braced up for the additional 1600 pounds it'll add to the floor, holes drilled for the pumps and filters to go in the basement, and he's figuring out how to use our old pool filter in the mix for additional water overflow. Go big or go home is the appropriate phrase with this project!

Unfortunately, I'm so tired, all I DO want to do is go home.

No comments: