March 4, 2012

Being Busy

It's still "lake effect"ing, so it looks like we're inside a snow globe. Despite having no real plans for this weekend, we have been fairly busy.

Yesterday, after the park and playing in the snow, we went to the Milwaukee Auto Show to compare cars in a non-sales environment. I'm really, really disappointed in the vast majority of options, as they all look the same and have crappy gas mileage. So we are considering buying something super small and cheap. We typically keep our vehicles until they die several deaths, but if we get a cheap one, we could get two in that same amount of time for the same price. It is really tempting to not have to address old age upkeep problems on a vehicle, especially considering I have the van going in tomorrow for a big, expensive emissions repair just so I can get my car re-registered. (I've been pulled over TWICE now for my "late" registration - even though it's technically up-to-date legally. ARGH!)  I need to test drive the final new car contenders before we make our ultimate decision, because sometimes small cars drive like crap. Regardless, I'm getting heated seats!

Since we were at the Auto Show, we parked in the museum parking lot (we're members, so get a cheaper rate). On our way back to the car, C-man announced he wanted to see the Cleopatra exhibit we haven't seen yet. (We've been to the museum several times since the exhibit has opened, but each time, he's decided against seeing the Cleopatra exhibit.) We all learned a lot (Like that Cleopatra was actually Greek not Egyptian, she married her brother, and they really don't know much about her because Alexandria had several earthquakes and tidal waves which then flooded it for good.) I really enjoy being museum members. It was one of my favorite places to visit as a kid, so it makes me smile that we enjoy going to hang out for an hour or two at a time whenever.

Today, we've got tickets to see First Stage's rendition of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. C-man and I are so excited, because it's definitely a favorite of both of ours. Hopefully they don't screw it up like they did A Wrinkle in Time.

No comments: