March 2, 2012

Organizing stuff

The other day I had a physical. It was overdue and work gave me $300 off my insurance to get one. And I found out my cholesterol is too high. Which was the kick in the pants I'd needed to start putting things in order in my life. I am going to eat fish every week if it kills me. And it just might, because I hate fish. I'm cutting out the sugar, even though those dastardly Girl Scouts just made their big delivery. Because I need to for my long-term health, and because I'm carrying way too much weight.

Essentially, I vowed to get my shit together. Organize my life, if you will. And a bi-product of this new found shit-getith-togetherness was my spice rack. I should have taken a before picture for you to see the difference. But just picture 50 spices and bags all thrown on top of one another - a giant booby trap for each time we opened the cupboard doors. And now, it's a thing of alphabetically organized beauty.

And then I was at the gym last night working out (see the earlier comment about cutting off the weight nonsense) and I got an email from Beerman that said, "What the hello! I can find the spices!" (The 2nd email said, "Damn autocorrect. Dam it. Nice job on the spice rake." I might have laughed so hard I had tears.)

2 comments:

jon said...

The cholesterol thing. Been there. No radical change required. Your reading list will require that you look at the back of cans and packages.
It comes down to diet and exercise. You don't want to be taking 4 pills in the morning like I do. Nip it now!!

Kim said...

That's hilarious! Our spice cupboard is a booby trap too. Where did you get the spice rack?