March 13, 2012

I could really use some sleep

I feel so drained lately. I really need to figure out a way to get my groove back, because it just isn't happening these days.

Part of it is because I have not been sleeping well the last couple of weeks. I don't know why. I suspect it has something to do with the fact that my hands and feet are giant red marshmallows and the rest of my body is following suit. Apparently this medicine isn't working anymore. But all my old tricks aren't working. I fall asleep watching Psych, but can't stay asleep. I read myself to sleep (I plowed through the first 2 Hunger Games books on my trip last week, and just can't seem to finish the 3rd book - They're decently written, but so incredibly predictable that I find them kind of boring, which in theory should help me sleep.), but can't stay asleep. I take herbs, and feel calm, but not sleepy. It's kind of exhausting.

We bought C-man a 125 gallon fish tank and stand for the porcupine puffer fish he wants for his birthday. Beerman did the calculations and realized we'd have to reinforce his floor to put it in his bedroom, which would be a giant pain. So now we're going to have another fish tank in the dining room, which means rearranging the whole thing. And to boot, C-man and his compassionate streak wants the one-eyed puffer fish he saw at the store because he felt bad no one was going to take him home. I should be overjoyed he's so compassionate, but the thought of all this money and work for an ugly one-eyed fish is too much. Maybe I'll be happier once it's installed and the pretty, serene fish tank is bubbling away. But for now, I'm finding the whole idea of eating with Popeye looking at me really annoying.

Work has been especially draining, because I have to work non-stop on something I detest. (Soul sucking might be a better description.) It's going to be at least another month before I get a break from it, too.

C-man is growing up. Besides turning 7 next week, he's detaching himself from us. This morning he asked if I could not wait for the bus with him anymore. I love waiting for the bus with him. But alas, I'll sit inside and drink my coffee alone.

I know none of this is earth shattering and I shouldn't be complaining. I think I'm just tired. And it's making everything a bigger deal to me than it really is.

So the good news is that spring is here. The sun is beautiful, it's 65 degrees, and deer are grazing through the yard to eat the tulips that are springing up. C-man has a birthday next week and is star student at school, which he's really excited about.We are supposed to write a love letter, poem or story for the teacher to read out loud on Wednesday. I wrote a story about C-manikin as a Jedi with his training wookie, Harry Chewbarka. He should like that. So things are actually quite good. I just need some good sleep to be able to remember that!

1 comment:

75 gallon aquarium said...

Love this pic! So beautiful!