March 9, 2012

The invasion of Slippy (the no longer filthy) Penguin

I finally made it home last night on two flights that were shockingly on-time. I even had a decent dinner in the Denver airport. Although in a mind boggling moment, while looking for a Bronco's something or other to get C-man (you'll remember he now adores them) there wasn't a single Broncos jersey, t-shirt or key chain to be found. When I asked about where I'd find one, because surprisingly the "Colorado" store didn't even have anything, the guy said, "But football season is over." While I know Packers fans are a bit extreme in this respect, REALLY?!?

Anyhow, I'm home and tired, but most importantly, home. And now, we have Slippy the Penguin to take on some adventures and write about and take photos of all weekend long. (Apparently, C-man has been waiting and waiting for this day, and has lucked out to get him on a weekend, so can keep him for 3 whole days.) While I figured I'd have to clean him up a bit, I didn't expect him to look like he'd been spending his free time dumpster diving.

But after 3 wash cycles, he's cleaned up a bit, back to his almost pristine self, and even had a little dinner.

Tomorrow, he's going to go to mass, and then to sleep over at a friend's house while we're out with friends at a trivia contest and dinner. (I can't wait.) Oh, Slippy. The fun we'll have together.

No comments: