January 12, 2014

Another wintry weekend

  • I didn't take ski lessons on Saturday because we've had freezing rain. The hill wasn't in optimal conditions, for sure. (And neither is my body)
  • Hopefully, I'll get up there next weekend.
  • I was on the schedule to read for 8:30 mass this morning. Nobody was interested in getting up that early, and there was a lot of grumbling.
  • A friend invited a few women over for dinner prior to the church-sponsored movie being shown tonight.
  • The dinner and socialization should be fun. Whether a church-sponsored meaning of life documentary will be worth it is still up in the air.
  • I made a chocolate cake for the dinner.
  • Maybe I should bring a bottle of wine to drink at the church just in case it's awful.
  • It's football playoff season. Just in case it's not on constantly in your house like it is in mine.
  • I have a full work week this week. That hasn't happened since November. This is going to be rough.

No comments: