January 30, 2014

Thursday Thirteen Bullets of Random

  1. It's Grandparents Day at C-man's school. On a Thursday. At 1 p.m.
  2. Which means that I now have to take a half-day off work to be his "special person". aka - Someone who goes to mass, eats cake pops after, and then takes him out of school an hour early.
  3. Schools do not live in reality with their stupid schedules.
  4. I am going to take advantage of the time to take C-man to get a new book and start another family book club. He doesn't read willingly, so I need to surround him with books as a reminder.
  5. My back is marginally better today. It still hurts, but I can actually sit for longer than 5 minutes at a time. A huge improvement!
  6. I think I'm going to start one of those trendy cleanses next week after the Superbowl. We'll see if I can do it. I've got to try something though.
  7. Except it means no coffee for a week. I don't know if I can do no coffee for a week.
  8. My play rehearsals start at the end of the month. Am I supposed to know my lines before we start? I don't like all this not knowing.
  9. The annual Church dinner dance and auction is a huge deal for the church. I got a call asking if I could help double-check some of the silent auction items and make sure we have everything together. I smell a rat. And it smells a lot like someone has suggested me to run this event in the future.
  10. No way.
  11. But the woman I'm helping is very sweet. And on Facebook, always posts these amazing photos of her Austrian recipes, like a pear-ginger streudel. Maybe if I get in good, she'll give me a recipe. Or even better, give me some streudel. See, there are positives to everything!
  12. A woman whom I work with came over to my desk this morning to talk about her recent arthritis diagnosis. (She found out through another co-worker that she should talk with me). She's so young and so scared. I'd forgotten how terrifying it can be, and what a relief it is to find "others" who get it. It really sent me back to those first months.
  13. The Superbowl is Sunday. I don't care who wins.

No comments: