January 13, 2014

Not a full work week after all


  • My poor baby is sick today. 101 fever, sore throat, and not hungry.
  • Which means I'm, yet again, not working a full work-week.
  • I took the Ina Garten chocolate cake to the dinner party last night. It was a huge hit, with ladies arguing over who would get the leftover pieces to take home. Two ladies even declared it the best chocolate cake they'd ever eaten, which made me really happy.
  • Because honestly, there's nothing that coffee, buttermilk, and butter can't make right.
  • The movie we saw was interesting. Not great, but interesting enough. It focused a lot on the importance of experiences over material things.
  • Which made Beerman incredibly happy when I walked in the door, and my response to his question of "How was it?" was, "Cancel the kitchen! We need to take a trip!"
  • Even in his feverish state, C-man cheered.
  • I'm contacting kitchen designers today. As much as I want to go somewhere, we really need a functional kitchen.
  • What are the chances I'm not going to get sick?

1 comment:

Mary Z said...

I hope Mr. C gets over his cold quickly. Keep us posted on the kitchen re-do.