January 20, 2014

Not a real post but you should read it anyway

You know that person who constantly gives to others, but never asks for help? And when that person does reach out and ask, it takes you so by surprise that you want to leap to action to make it happen?

That is this case.

I've "known" this woman since our babies were babies through an online mom's group. And while I've never met her in person, do not make the mistake of thinking she's any less real, or genuine, or worthy of this help. We have shared the ups and downs of our lives together. And I love her as if I've known her forever. Because she is a lovely individual with two small girls of her own who only sees the best in others.

She lives in New Hampshire. Her father had a stroke while in Louisiana. And she needs to get him home in decent care, because right now, it seems he is getting on the basics of care, and not good enough to ever help him recover with any quality of life.

She's only asking for $900, which I know is too little. But because she thinks it's already too much to ask for, she's only asking the bare minimum to rent an RV to get down to him and transport him back (An RV is necessary because he needs to lie down). But really, she needs $6000 for a true medial transport. (And even if she went the RV route, who believes $900 is going to do the trick?) UPDATE: She has updated the goal to be $6000 because while the RV option is cheaper, it is wholly unsafe for his condition.

Sometimes I see a homeless person or someone who needs my help. And I question what my life would be worth if I were judged on that moment in time. Would I be stingy? Would I give what I could? This is one of those moments for me. I hope you see it as the same.

No comments: